1. What’s your name and title/business name? Where are you located, city, state, country location?
My name is Otto Baum. I’m from Berlin, Germany.
2. What’s your educational and professional background, i.e., college, professional school, high school, apprenticeship, etc.?
I studied Textile and Graphic design in Berlin. [I received my] Bachelor degree in 2013. Since then I work as a freelancer. For more than 15 years I’m part of the German artist collective KLUB7. Our main field is mural painting.
3. Preferred tool(s) and medium?
For lettering my favorite tool is the brush. I really like the lettering quill and flat brushes. But I also like to build my own tools like bigger brushes.
4. Where or how do you “recharge your creative battery,” i.e., books, blogs, music, art, exercise, meditation, prayer, hobbies, interests, etc.?
When I feel the own flow I have to [grab] all my paint and tools and paint a wall, beside I’m really inspired [by] my son. He is a free, open-minded and clever guy. His motto “Everything is possible”:)
5. Tell us something about you that might surprise or delight us.
I’m a funny guy I would say, who plays blues harmonica for some years and is actually a gardener.