1. What’s your name and title/business name? Where are you located, city, state, country location?
My name is Peter Liedberg and run a business called Letterboy from my studio in Tokyo, Japan. I have been living here for 3 years but I am originally from Malmö, Sweden.
2. What’s your educational and professional background, i.e., college, professional school, high school, apprenticeship, etc.?
I have a BA in graphic design from a university in Perth, Australia where I lived for 4 years. But, I have learned most things through my own practice, looking up professionals and hassling them for advice and also attending workshops and meeting other people who are into the same things.
3. Preferred tool(s) and medium?
I love drawing with a regular pencil and painting with a brush. It takes along time to get the feeling for the long haired brushes used in sign painting but when you start feeling comfortable with it, there is nothing like it. I am also almost always looking into some “new” technique or tool, lately it has been everything from heat pens to chain stitching.
4. Where or how do you “recharge your creative battery,” i.e., books, blogs, music, art, exercise, meditation, prayer, hobbies, interests, etc.?
I have a lot of other interests and things I like to do so that helps me recharge the battery. For me, physical exercise is very important. It feels like it makes my mind sharper and I take better decisions. I also love watching documentaries and playing the guitar.
5. Tell us something about you that might surprise or delight us.
wow that is very difficult…
Maybe that I like basketball, especially NBA. When I get to my studio in the mornings I normally put on live NBA games and have them on in the background while I try and work.