1. What’s your name and title/business name? Where are you located, city, state, country location?
Gia Graham, Graphic Designer, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
2. What’s your educational and professional background, i.e., college, professional school, high school, apprenticeship, etc.?
I have a BFA in Graphic Design. When I first graduated from college, I worked in corporate design for about 6 years then a friend and I started a wedding invitation design business. After close to 10 years in the wedding world, I shifted my focus to designing greeting cards and gift products which I sold wholesale to stores around the country. Now, rather than producing my own products, I license my artwork to other greeting card companies.
3. Preferred tool(s) and medium?
In the past, I would do my initial sketches in pencil then vectorize in Adobe Illustrator but these days I’ve been really enjoying experimenting with my iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and the Procreate App!
4. Where or how do you “recharge your creative battery,” i.e., books, blogs, music, art, exercise, meditation, prayer, hobbies, interests, etc.?
When I’m feeling creative burnout, I usually unplug from design entirely for a while. When the weather is nice, I like to get outside and soak in the sunshine. Being in the sun always boosts my energy, lifts my mood and brings me back to life!
5. Tell us something about you that might surprise or delight us.
I absolutely love product styling! After design, it’s my favorite creative outlet. Over the years I’ve amassed quite the collection of fun, colorful props like cake plates, porcelain pineapples and vintage ice cream scoops 🙂