The Decision That Changed Her Career – Andrea Stan

1. ​What’s your name and title/business name? ​Where are you located, city, ​state, country location?

My name is Andrea Stan but almost everybody calls me Mukky…it’s a nickname I got back in elementary school. I hated it at the time but it kind of stuck with me so I got used to it. I am a freelance designer (or at least trying to get there) living in a beautiful city called Brașov, in Romania.

Dear Sleep I Miss You

2. What’s your educational and professional background, i.e., college, professional school, high school, apprenticeship, etc.?

This is going to be funny because in high school I studied Mathematics and Computer Programming. It had absolutely nothing to do with arts or design, we only had one “art class” per week for one year (then it switched to another math class). I never had good grades and I am completely parallel with math and computer related stuff even now. , haha. So in my last year I decided to enroll in a drawing class, twice a week. That was a good decision. Then, in university, I studied Graphic Design. I never had bad grades again! 🙂

Spread Coconut Oil

3. Preferred tool(s) and medium?

90% of the time I start with a sketch, pen and paper, and the finalize it digitally in Illustrator, Procreate or Photoshop. The other 10% of the time I start directly digital. This is funny again because as I said, I am completely parallel with computer related stuff – I have a love-hate relationship with my devices.

Miss Snooze Pusher

4. Where or how do you “recharge your creative battery,” i.e., books, blogs, music, art, exercise, meditation, prayer, hobbies, interests, etc.?

It depends very much on my current mood. Sometimes I need a nap or a walk, sometimes it helps to keep working and get over the block (like when you don’t get enough sleep and after a while you just go in automatic mode). And because I equally love working on lettering, logos and patterns, when I feel exhausted in lettering, for example, I just switch to designing logos and vice versa. I also enjoy modeling clay (I would like to have a kiln at some point in life), cooking and sunshine. Oh, and nothing would be possible without music.

A Day Without Sunshine

5. Tell us something about you that might surprise or delight us.

I am bilingual: mom is Hungarian and dad is Romanian. I learnt both languages simultaneously, so I can say that I have two mother tongues! I started learning English in kindergarten, around a year ago I started learning Spanish and I am planing to learn French and Portugese, too. The only problem I have is that I don’t have the chance to speak them at a daily basis. However, it seems I just can’t learn German…I have no idea why, I’ve learnt it for around 6 years and I can only say is that “I don’t have my homework done” and that “I need to wash my hands”.

Kindness Costs Nothing

Advertisements