1. Your name and title/business name? City, Country location?
Hi I am Moon-Seop Lee, also known as Slo.Lee on Instagram, all the way from South Korea as you know and see. I am a calligrapher and letter designer.
2. What’s your educational and professional background, i.e., college, professional school, high school, apprenticeship, etc.?
I am a newbie as a calligrapher. [My] major is…lettering and calligraphy. I studied police administration in Kor University but I had liked writing letters and doing calligraphy. [Two] years ago I saw a video on YouTube, Theosone’s work, that made me live as a calligrapher.
I was self-taught until last year. Fortunately I have been learning traditional scripts from Scarlet Woo, the most famous calligrapher in Kor.
3. Preferred tool(s) and medium?
I really love…broad nibs because my first script was [blackletter]. Among them, Brause broad-edged nib and Pilot parallel pen are my favorite. Recently Brause is more frequently used. Plus, I enjoy digital works with iPad.
4. Where or how do you “recharge your creative battery,” i.e., books, blogs, music, art, exercise, meditation, prayer, hobbies, interests, etc.?
I really love listening to music and watching pictures. [They] make me write something such as lyrics and words fit into the pictures. Most of all, letters [inspire me] and I want to keep writing something.
5. Tell us something about you that might surprise or delight us.
I prepared something for a commercial for SamSung cellphone with Calligraphy Masters and Kor. I can’t tell you guys [the] details because of the contract.