I like the silhouettes with text. But I like the straight up text pieces. I don’t know which piece to ‘like’ because they’re all so wonderful!
1. Your name and title/business name?
My name is Abednego Tambayong, and my brand name is Abed Azarya.
2. Do you have a specialty or special style that makes you relatively unique? If so, what?
I always do things in my own way, creating new design and innovating. I combine graphic and fashion into lettering design using objects, ornaments with twisted or provocative words.
3. What’s your educational background, i.e., college, professional school, high school, apprenticeship, etc.?
I learn illustration for the first time when i was six years old with a Balinese artist. And I went to college [and studied] graphic design. Books and my fellow designers have been my source of ideas.
4. Preferred tool(s) and medium?
I bring pencils, markers and sketch book wherever I go. Pencils have been a perfect tool for me in delivering ideas into a visual artwork or design concept. Sketching has been the crucial part of building a design concept for me.
5. Where or how do you “recharge your creative battery,” i.e., books, blogs, music, art, exercise, meditation, prayer, hobbies, interests, etc.?
I recharge myself in every way that life brings around me, catching up new designs from media and exchanging ideas with my fellow designers.
In my leisure time, Light Jazz and Chill House are my favorite music that could strike my brain with tons of ideas and boosts my creativity. Besides, hot latte (of course) has become a must-have beverage beside me at work.
Observing new places and experiencing variety of food would refresh my mind, my spirit and recharge my battery.
6. Tell us something about you that might surprise or delight us.
I went to college but I never [finished] it! I [graduated] from university of life and work. I love innovation, thus I appreciate those folks with the same mind and strive to learn and create new things and get along with them.
In my spare time, I teach people the design skills in order to help them improve themselves and reach their goals. I like to see people better off.
I’m a big fan of Johnny Depp, he teaches me how to believe in myself, having my own style and my own way, feeling happy and content with myself, and be a cool bad-ass!