I love the ruling pen. It can make lines and marks come to life. Louis Lemoine takes words and letters to new heights with his magical ruling pens. Here’s Louis in his own words.
1. Your name and title/business name? Specialty?
My name is Louis Lemoine, a retired Walt Disney Imagineer. I consider myself a Graphic Designer and Lettering artist.
2. What’s your educational background, i.e., college, professional school, high school, apprenticeship, etc.?
I went to a technical high school (Don Bosco Technical Institute) majoring in industrial drafting before heading off to college to get may BA (1973) and MA (1982) in art with emphasis in the area of design from California State University at Los Angeles.
3. Preferred tool(s) and medium?
My preferred tools these days are rulings pens with various inks, markers, pencils and fountain pens executing works on charcoal paper. i also use the computer (a macbook pro), with Photoshop, to composite my images from time to time.
4. Where or how do you “recharge your creative battery,” i.e., books, blogs, music, art,
exercise, meditation, prayer, hobbies, interests, etc.?
I actually recharge my creative juices by walking almost everyday, 2.5 to 3.5 miles. i find that this really gets my brain in gear. also, i do listen to music while working.
5. Tell us something about you that might surprise or delight us.
Many know that I have interests in many things but some may not know that I am a magician, motorcyclist and skateboarder.
“those extraordinary little events in your life happen for a reason.
the power of coincidence is truly magical.”